I finally joined a local Farmer's Co-Op. I've been wanting to join for over a year, but didn't pull the trigger. I got an email last week offering $5 off the annual membership fee...it seemed like a sign. I'm really excited about it for several reasons.
1. The Goods
- Locally grown organic produce
- Eggs from happy chickens (until I get my own!)
- Honey, jams and more
- Locally raised, grass-fed meat
- Artisan breads and cheeses
3. "The Farmers' Pick"
- This is a pre-selected assortment of produce, based on current crops. It costs less than picking and choosing your own produce, but perhaps my favorite thing about it is that I don't pick. I'm excited about the prospect of a box of mystery fruits and veggies. I can't wait to see what I get and plan recipes accordingly. I think it will make all of us more adventurous in our eating. We've paid for the whole box, so I'll find ways to serve every healthy morsel!