Friday, March 2, 2012

SNM's Blueberry Muffins


Yes, I'm still here! Today I had a hankering for blueberry muffins and decide to try my hand at cleaning up a recipe. It took two tries, and I think these are just about perfect! They are healthy, tasty, and super quick and easy to make. Let me know how you enjoy them!

[i wish i could take beautiful foodie photos!!!]
Preheat oven to 400.

In a medium bowl, whisk together

1 1/2 c white whole wheat flour
2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

In a two cup liquid measuring cup, whisk together

1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup real maple syrup
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1/3 cup milk (almond milk would be yummy too)
zest from 1/2 lemon (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in a generous 1 cup of blueberries.

Spoon into a greased or lined muffin pan and bake approx. 20 minutes, or until tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.

1 comments:

Gowri said...

Hi Renee
I liked your posts. Keep it up.