Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Surprise Use for Vinegar

By now we all know that vinegar is great for a plethora of things. I discovered a new use this weekend, and it surprised me a bit.

I have to start by sharing a funny story. The holiday weekend started with a birthday party for friends' little girl. Her dad loves to tease me about my green ways. He was talking about some of the work he'd done in his yard, including pest control, and said "Don't worry, Renee. It's all made of vinegar." :) I'm sure I talk about vinegar the way the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding talks about windex. It really is an amazing thing. So tease all you want, it's funny because it's true!

Anyhoo, today's use for vinegar? Taking the sting out of sunburn. Of course, you're better off not getting the burn in the first place, but if it happens, some vinegar in a spray bottle soothes!

0 comments: